BIOLOGICAL SCIENCE: 50%
Biological science is the study of living organisms.
- Origin and evolution of life, classification of organisms (10%)
- Cell organization, cell division, chemical nature of the gene, bioenergetics, biosynthesis (10%)
- Structure, function, and development in organisms; patterns of heredity (20%)
- Concepts of population biology with emphasis on ecology (10%)
PHYSICAL SCIENCE: 50%
Physical science is the study of the nature and properties of energy and nonliving matter.
- Atomic and nuclear structure and properties, elementary particles, nuclear reactions ( 7%)
- Chemical elements, compounds, and reactions, molecular structure and bonding (10%)
- Heat, thermodynamics, and states of matter; classical mechanics; relativity (12%)
- Electricity and magnetism, waves, light, and sound ( 4%)
- The universe: galaxies, stars, the solar system ( 7%)
- The Earth: atmosphere, hydrosphere, structure features, geologic processes, and history ( 10%)